Check out our newest fortnightly editorial in the Gladstone Today (28th September 2023).
Are you curious to meet new people?
Embrace a world of opportunities and forge meaningful connections through volunteerism.
Volunteering is a remarkable avenue to give back to society, learn new skills and most importantly, connect with new people, who share your passions!
- Unleash the power of human connections and engage with people from all walks of life
- Expand your social circle through this shared purpose which is fertile ground for friendships to flourish. These friendships can become a vital part of your support systems and a source of personal growth.
- Learn from different perspectives, challenging your preconceived notions, enhance your empathy and make you a more understanding person
- Develop life skills
Where to begin? If you’re eager to start your volunteering journey but don’t know where to begin, consider these steps:
- Identify your skills and interests
What skills do you have and/or what cause would you like to contribute to?
- Start small
Volunteering can be a one-off task, it doesn’t have to be a big commitment
- Register on the Volunteer Portal at nfphouse.org.au.
You will be linked with volunteering opportunities custom to your unique profile
- Enjoy the journey
Volunteering isn’t just about giving; it’s about receiving in abundance. So, take that first step and embrace the connections and rewards. It’s an adventure waiting to happen!
If you’d like help to find the right volunteering opportunity for you, contact Not For Profit House.
Lois from NFP House, where you can contact us anytime, to make a difference to your life and our community!