Check out our newest fortnightly editorial in the CQ Today (25th October 2023).
Volunteering has long been recognised as a noble endeavour, benefitting not only the communities and causes it serves but it could also help you with your skill development and resume enhancement, making it a pivotal aspect of your personal and professional growth. It is also a game changer for young people to get involved with – share this article with the young people in your life!
Here are some of the skills you could build via volunteering:
- Leadership and communication: working in teams, collaborating with diverse groups of people, leading projects.
- Problem solving: real world challenges and solution finding, critical thinking
- Time management: balancing volunteer work with other commitments
- Adaptability: being in a new environment
- Technical and specialised skills: specific niche skill development opportunities such as fundraising, event planning or data analysis
Volunteering is a powerful tool for skill development offering you an opportunity to give back to your community but also a platform to develop the skills and experiences that can propel you forward in your personal and professional life. As the world places increasing importance on social responsibility and community engagement, volunteering is a win win endeavour that benefits both you and society as a whole.
If you’d like help to find the right volunteering opportunity for you, contact Not For Profit House or check out our volunteering portal at nfphouse.org.au.
Lois from NFP House, where you can contact us anytime, to make a difference to your life and our community!